Join Our Team, We Are Hiring!
Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Richmond, the Virginia Association of Free and Charitable Clinics (VAFCC) is an effective advocate for the issues and concerns of free and charitable clinics, their volunteer workforce of doctors, dentists, nurses, therapists, pharmacists, technicians, and other health care professionals, and the patients served by free and charitable clinics in communities throughout the Commonwealth.
Believing every person deserves access to basic healthcare services, the VAFCC supports Virginia's network of free and charitable clinics in their efforts to adapt successfully to Virginia's changing healthcare landscape and serve those who fall through the gaps of the healthcare system with compassionate and comprehensive healthcare services regardless of their insurance status or ability to pay.
The VAFCC is seeking a dynamic team player to serve as our Marketing & Communications Coordinator that will champion the association, our member clinics and the needs of uninsured patient.
TITLE: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Communications, Marketing & Development
We are searching for a talented and professional communications coordinator to join our dynamic team. Duties will be diverse and multi-faceted, therefore excellent professional skills are vital for this role. The successful candidate will help create content for both our internal membership and external stakeholders, contribute to the management and development of company websites, assist with event planning and implementation, and other duties as assigned. Ideal candidates possess superb written and verbal communication skills and have experience in marketing communications.
- Serve as a key resource for marketing and communications working closely with VP and other key staff to implement organizational communications strategy.
- Sustain, monitor, and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing and communication strategies.
- Recommend techniques to improve the company's public image and elevate public awareness.
- Manage all online assets, including website, e-newsletter, and social media channels. Develop brand-consistent content for web-based channels.
- Monitor and manage the VAFCC's social media and online presence.
- Serve as a resource when engaging with members, vendors, the media, or the public.
- Provide general administrative, event, and programming support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; customer service focused
- Proven organization skills and attention to details, adheres to schedules and deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work individually and as part of a team, ability to follow through with tasks and responsibilities
- Professional presence, compassionate and sense of humor
- Degree from accredited college or university a plus
- Experience writing, creating promotional content, graphic design a plus
- Possess working skills in the use of Microsoft Office products, e-newsletters software, web content management, databases, social media channels, and various video platforms
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience. The VAFCC offers paid time off, paid holidays, health benefit, 403(b)-retirement plan, and professional development opportunities. The VAFCC is an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references to:
Chantay Harris, Office Manager at email@example.com with the Subject Line: Marketing Communications Coordinator
No phone calls