Terms & Policies
When using this Site you agree:
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitation, the antitrust laws.
- Not to publish, upload, post, embed, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise distribute, disseminate or make available any information, messages or content that: violates or infringes on any rights of others (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights); might interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; is defamatory, abusive, profane, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, indecent, threatening, hateful, or includes offensive language; attacks others or invades their privacy, personally or professionally; involves or assists in the use of false names or impersonation of others by you or by someone else; harasses, threatens, or embarrasses others; constitutes or promotes illegal activity; is knowingly inaccurate or false; is misleading or fraudulent; includes content that you do not have a legal or contractual right to make available or that you are prohibited from making available due to fiduciary relationships; contains advertising or promotions; harvests screen names; or sends spam or intentionally duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise). You also agree not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to this Site, materials on this Site, or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected and/or linked to this Site or any server, through hacking, password mining or any other means, or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means other than those intentionally made available through this Site. VAFCC is not obligated to monitor your communications with others on or through this Site, but VAFCC reserves the right to screen and/or review materials posted by you and remove any of your materials, in VAFCC’s sole discretion and without notice to you (except as otherwise provided for herein). VAFCC reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all portions of this Site, without notice, at any time and for any reason.
- To not hold VAFCC liable for any damages of any kind or nature, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, consequential or incidental damages or loss of profits arising from, or in connection with, the existence, operation, use or reliance of this Site, regardless of whether VAFCC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The material contained on this Site is offered as information only and not as practice, financial, accounting, legal or other professional advice. Users need to consult their own professional advisors for such advice.
- To understand that by linking to other websites, VAFCC does not endorse the policies or practices of, or opinions expressed on, those sites; nor does the VAFCC make any representations or warranties with respect to the accuracy of any items or claims contained therein.
- To recognize that business decisions, including decisions about method of practice, are personal choices to be made by clinic staff and boards. VAFCC does not, encourage clinics to make any particular business decision on issues addressed herein, including with respect to whether and how to participate in managed care plans. Moreover, VAFCC discourages clinics from unlawful action, whether knowing or unknowingly.
Data Collection: VAFCC uses its best efforts to respect and protect the privacy of our online visitors. At our website, we do not collect personally identifiable information from individuals unless provided to us voluntarily and knowingly. VAFCC only gathers personally identifiable data, such as names, addresses, zip/postal codes, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by a visitor. For example, personally identifiable information is collected in order to process online donations, join our mailing list, or request information about volunteer opportunities. Additionally, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise, share our mailing list. In fact, if at any time, you wish to be removed from our mailing list, simply contact us by phone or via email. Please allow 30 days for us to update our records accordingly.
We will only share personally identifiable information with third parties when (i) the person submitting the information authorizes us to share it; (ii) sharing the information is a necessary operation of the site, for instance, to process a credit card transaction, or (iii) we are required to by law. VAFCC has no control over or responsibility for the data collection and use practices of third parties processing online transactions.
Links to Other Web Sites and Services: This site may have links to other sites and services that are not maintained by VAFCC. These websites have their own privacy policies, which you should review prior to visiting them. We have no responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
Our Security Safeguards: The safety and security of your online experience is of the utmost concern to us. We ensure the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures are in place to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use the information collected online.
Credit Card Safety: We care about the safety and security of your transaction. We use high-grade encryption and the https security protocol (SSL) to communicate with your browser software. This method is the industry standard, which makes it extremely difficult for anyone else to intercept credit card information submitted online. The companies we work with to process credit card transactions also use high-grade encryption and security protocols. If you wish, contributions may also be made via telephone by calling 804.340.3434.
To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit financial or personal financial information, look to the right of the address line of your web browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser) then the SSL technology is active. To double-check for security, the first characters of the web address should change from “http” to “https.”
In addition to maintaining privacy and security controls over information you share with us, VAFCC works to accurately process your contribution information. During business hours, staff is available to answer questions about your financial donation.
VAFCC welcomes children to our website. However, we encourage this to be done only with their parent’s knowledge and supervision. If you are under 18, you need parent/guardian permission to use a credit card to make donations online.